Saturday, December 18, 2010

Beaches in Jamaica

Many readers have been asking me about some of the beaches in Jamaica. Here is a list of some of the beaches in Jamiaca.

To make the posts as short as possible I will be doing different posts and listing the beaches by parishes as we go. Here is some background information for people who are traveling to Jamaica. Actually, the best beaches are "hidden". Hidden means that only the locals know where they are.To get you thinking, the best beaches are actually to the east and south of the island. They are also less crowdy and more beautiful.Don't get me wrong, the other beaches are also beautiful. The main thing that I like about less traveled beaches is that you feel like you own it and better yet, most of them are free to the public. All you need is a ride and some good friends. Stay tuned for the list. I will begin in the parish of Portalnd, where I went to college and learned how to swim. If I left a beach off the lest let me know and I will add it.

No comments: